THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

(This may not make any sense to any of you. It's about my dad who loved snow he would always take walks in it when he got stressed; It made him happy. The last Christmas I spent with him I was fighting with him and his new family. He yelled at me because I still believed in Santa Claus. I was little confused and hurt. I was really upset because Santa Claus was what Christmas spirit was. I remember him crying saying, "Kacee Santa Clause doesn't exist. He did once. He took presants to little kids all around the world, but that was back when the world was small. He doesn't now. That would be impossible." I just remember standing there crying in my big shoes and jacket that was too big for me. I didn't want him to hug me ever again. He told me he loved me and I rolled my eyes and pretended like I didn't hear him. He ruined my Christmas. I went back to the house and cried to my mom on the phone. After he died... The next Christmas after that I was still a little mad at him for ruining Christmas I told my mom and she started crying she said, "Kacee your dad called me that night upset. He said Shannon what do I do? I need help. What do I do?" I now kick myself everytime Christmas rolls around for ever being mad at him especially after he called my mom to have her fix it. So here is my story about it. If any of you guys say you hate snow after reading this ill be SOOOO mad at you. Atleast don't say it infront of me.)
Never did it cross my mind until that very day... I walked into that funeral home; the snow that lit up the gray... I watched my mom as she told me about how much my dad had loved it so... A new perspective hit me harder then I would ever know... Snow that seemed so ugly, cold, and a burden to bare... Now became the answer to my upsetting parayer. When I see it snowing I think back to the day when all the snow was fallen... And you weren't yet gone away... You were taking the dog for a walk and asked me to go... Christmas that year was a hard one you asked me to take a walk through the snow... We talked about how you loved me and I rolled my eyes and looked away... Never had I cried so hard before your dying day... I thought you ruined Christmas; I was so upset to find out that Santa Claus wasn't real... This holiday means nothing now, ruining Christmas wasn't part of the deal... Now that your dead I swear I see you standing in the snow...
As if your waiting for me to come, asking me to go... A memory that is so bad but also helped me see, the snow is like your love for me. When it snows I no longer see the bitter cold, I see my dad's love again starting to unfold.

0 comments: