THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Sunday, August 30, 2009

After catching my breath...

At the starting line I was over blown with excitement. Nothing could compare to the feelings I was getting. I was ready to go, fight, and win. Thinking more highly of myself then I should have been; later came the dissapointment.

I heard the gun fire, and I started to run, and run, and run... I watched as the other runners blew past me like it was no big deal. Slowly keeping my pase I learned that I wasn't as good as I summed myself up to be...



I didn't start cross country out of my own choice; I started it because the girls on the volleyball team were stuck up and mean. I didn't want to surround myself with people who were going to tear me down. (Not you Jordan haha your a sweet heart. I'm talking about the older girls.) Still I wanted to be part of something. A kid named Jake told me to talk to the track coach. You see Jake called me a man a while ago because I could throw the shock put really far, so I took his offer in trying track. My cross country coach told me that I should do cross country to get in shape for track. So I did...

The first practice completely tore me down... I got running and my throat closed shut and I couldn't breathe. I felt like everyone on the team thought I was retarded. An easy two mile jog is what they said it was going to be. Easy my butt.

After I got medication for my throat things got a little easier. I keep going to the practices even though I was the slowest on my team. I ran alone, and slow. Slow. Slow. Slow. I felt bad... I watched as the my team members ran past me, and there I ran. Alone, and slow. I was determined to become better.

Now, there is this course we run its exactly a three mile run. We call it "The Golf Course". The first time I ran the golf course I walked all up hills, all trails, and most of the streets. So yeah... Pretty much all of it.

Well, its been two weeks and yes... I'm still pretty slow on my team, but two other girls joined and they are even slower then me! I still watch as the rest of my team zoom past me.

Well, today the dedicated runner I am. (That was sarcasm.) I asked my mom to drop me off at the high school so I could run the golf course. See in my mind I wanted to see if I could run a little more then I did the first time. I got out there and my mom and sister followed me in the car clocking to see if it was really three miles. (It is.) I ran the full three miles and I only stopped twice. My mom said when I walked it was only for a block. Then, I was timing myself on my phone, and I shook off ten minutes of my first time.

Man, I feel really great right now. Now, my mom is in the kitchen as we speak cutting up snacks for school so I can have muscle food for my body so I can get better. My mom is more excited then I am.



The thing is... I kept running because I liked the way I felt after I was done, so I kept doing it. After catching my breath I feel like I could run three miles again. :D

Sorry, I figure I should brag to my blog because no one really reads it, and I don't want to be a show off. I just... I don't know... I feel really great right now.



:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

1 comments:

Rachelle said...

haha i read ur blog:D dude you can write really good btw, u should be a author or smthing lol. o ya i was gonna say that im on the volleyball team to and u didnt say i wasnt stuck up lol, well...i guess icould be...anyway i could never do what ur doing keep it up :D