THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Beauty In Me.

(Picture found on cmprather@hotmail.com)

For years I've tried, For years I've failed;
To seek the beauty my life held.
To blend in, as someone I'm not.
For months and months that's what I thought.
To cut, hide, and shy away.
The depressing thoughts spent their stay.
To have a boyfriend that was cool.
Then I would be popular with the girls at school.
For years I've tried, for years I've failed.
To seek the beauty my life held.
In all my seeking did I see,
The beauty I found in being me.
What my poem means: Everywhere I turned people were giving me hints that if I wasn't popular, had a popular boyfriend, or even cut I was pretty much a loser. So, I tried them and in the end I felt happier being myself. Pretending to be someone I'm not only made me feel like crap. I got lost in what other people thought of me that I let them control me. Even when I was dressing like someone else I was under the impression that I was being myself. I was turning into an annoying no-so-popular robot. Be Yourself, corney as it sounds it truley makes you happier.

0 comments: