THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Becoming Part of Something Big.

Strong, beautiful, kind, and loving women are straving to death. Women whose children have died of sicknesses we have medican for. Womens whose husbands left when times were ruff. Women that survive on a dollar a day, with no running water, and a house that hardly keeps out the elements.

Basa Body is here to help.

My Aunt Rainee is part of a organization to help the people of Kenya, Africa. I Know this is a really random post, but my Aunt is in Africa right now to help. I thought you guys reading this will some how be touched in a way never before. At least I know that I am touched and I can say I helped at least a little.

I first learned about this when my Aunt asked me to help her put labels on jars. At first I was clueless wondering why we were doing this. When we got there she started telling me about what we were doing. I asked her what "Basa" mean't, because it was the name of the label on the jars we were putting on the jars. She told me it mean't "thank you" in Kenya. I asked her questions like "Why are we doing this?" and this is what she told me:

"There are girls your age taking care of there younger siblings because both of there parents have died. They live in Mud houses that are very cold. Here we have everything we are such a spoiled country, but in Kenya women live on a dollar a day. The women there are so beautiful and so kind. They are also strong the men there are worthless, they leave when times get ruff. There women are the ones working, and striving to live. So, by selling this lotion we are putting labels on; we give them jobs. They hand sqeeze coconuts and put them into five gallon buckets and send them to us. We make them into lotion and sell them. That gives them jobs and helps take them out of poverty."

Does anyone else think there way of living is horrible? I also love how strong there women are. When she told me that I couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks. Now she is in Kenya helping out AS WE SPEAK. Thats why everytime she asks me to put labels on jars I willingly accept.

By giving a little time to something small, will one day grow into something so much bigger. I will give as much time as I need to help those women. In Kenya its not who has the most expensive clothes, the biggest house, the most friends, but really its about there willingness to survive. They are born into such a hard life, as still they are greatful for it. One of these women has more pride then our whole country put together. Thats why I am thankful for my aunt in helping me take part in something so much bigger then myself.

Thank you Aunt Rainee,
Have fun in Kenya!

0 comments: